3DCS is a CAD Integrated Tolerance Analysis Software which offers users the ability to analyze the relationship between your parts, and account for all the sources of variation giving you the most accurate result and make important decisions on design and manufacturing.
DCS software solutions support Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) and Quality Management initiatives in industries including automotive, aerospace, medical device, electronics and industrial machinery. DCS software solutions are leveraged daily by companies like Airbus, BMW, GM, LG, Nissan, Philips, Sony, Textron Aviation, and Volkswagen.
CATIA V5-based 3DCS Variation Analyst deviation analysis provides solutions specifically for the needs of designers and engineers. It is easy to learn, predicts variations in component and process variations, and identifies sources of bias. 3DCS Variation Analyst has a wide range of tools and features for flexible engineering analysis and even the analysis of the most complex systems. It is the ideal tool for performing detailed tolerance simulation modelling. 3DCS Variation Analyst enables manufacturers to quickly evaluate GD&T, assembly tools, and assembly sequences before launching production to fully estimate design, manufacturing, and assembly robustness.
Optimize product design and process
- Prediction: Predicting the assembly deviation of products produced using a virtual prototype
- Measures: Influencing factors for assembly cumulative deviation for design optimization
- Control: Control cost and size effectiveness with advanced 3D tolerance analysis
Analysis input for 3DCS Variation Analyst
- The basic conditions required to perform a complete 3DCS tolerance analysis are :
- The basic digital model of the part
- Part positioning system
- Part tolerance information
- Assembly system of parts
- Analyse the target
Analytical output of 3DCS Variation Analyst
- 3 DCS analysis model, which can visually check the assembly process of the parts and the variation of the deviation.
- Target analysis: Analyse whether the assembly target of the part is reached;
- Contribution rate analysis: A comprehensive analysis of the factors affecting the design goals.
Advanced Analyzer and Optimizer
3DCS Advanced Analyzer/Optimizer (3DCS Advanced Analysis and Optimization Module) is an add-on module to 3DCS that uses and extends current Geofactor-based equations and combines coefficients generated from Geofactor or DOF (design experience) to support non- Linear model. Before using the module, a complete 3DCS model must be built to function properly.
It includes two core functions:
- 3 DCS Analyzer : An equation-based analysis method that accurately identifies the number of changes and sources of variation in an assembly.
- 3 DCS Optimizer: A tool that optimizes tolerances to ensure quality at the lowest cost or at the lowest cost.
3DCS Advanced Analyzer / Optimizer in the product line
- Before modelling with 3DCS Advanced Analyzer / Optimizer, Analyst must be used to build a rigid analysis model.
FEA Compliant Modeler
3DCS FEA Compliant Modeler is an advanced module of the 3DCS software solution that enables the use of finite element methods to accurately simulate dimensional deviations of flexible components when establishing 3D deviation analysis models.
3DCS FEA Compliant Modeler is used to solve the problem of assembly deviation of deformable parts
3DCS FEA Compliant Modeler enhances the ability to model deformable components quickly and easily. With the 3DCS FEA Compliant Modeler, engineers can more accurately simulate dimensional changes within the assembly. The deformed parts to be assembled may be sheet metal, plastic, composite material, glass, or the like.
The 3DCS FEA Compliant Modeler simulates dimensional changes in part deformation, which may be caused by springback, gravity, or manufacturing/assembly production operations (clamping, loosening, welding, tightening, force, etc.).
3DCS FEA Compliant Modeler opens up a whole new world of tolerance simulation.
Key product features
- Provide high quality, realistic graphics to show the deformation of components;
- Support a large number of finite element analysis before and after processors;
- Intuitive user graphical interface, easy to learn;
- Multi-station deviation analysis;
- Target mode for advanced design evaluation.
The 3DCS Geofactor is used to evaluate the geometry of the part and the influence of the positioning strategy, assembly sequence and assembly process on the quality of the product assembly during the design phase to improve the robustness of the design and process.
Key product characteristics
- Provide geometric factors or influence factors
- The coefficient reflects the true tolerance effect
- Reflects how the tolerance is magnified by the geometry of the part
- Focus on the robustness of the design rather than the tolerance
- Provide numerical results for design verification
3DCS Mechanical is an easy-to-use dimensional deviation analysis solution for mechanical and motion component assembly. It provides a connection and constraint library that is different from the 3-2-1 positioning method for building assembly models. The component can be a rigid body and can move within a certain range, and the multi-step deviation simulation result during the motion can be calculated.
For example, a three-bar linkage can be modeled using three rotating sub-assemblies. 3DCS Mechanical models and guarantees the functionality of mechanical systems such as suspension systems, engines, landing gear, doors, switches and other mechanisms.
Key product features
- Provide users with new motion pairs and constrained assembly libraries for modeling the motion process of the mechanism. For example, a 3-link connection can be modeled using three rotating sub-assemblies.
- The motion pair and constraint relationships established in CATIA can be automatically imported directly into 3DCS for use as a process assembly.
- Multi-station assembly: Support for multiple sub-assemblies.
- The component moves in a certain range of motion in the direction of unconstrained degrees of freedom and can calculate simulation results at multiple motion positions.
- Other 3DCS functions will still work.